The S2USB485 can be used as a replacement to the Johnson Controls MM-CVT101 (RS-232 to N2 Bus) / CVTPro100 converter for those computers or laptops that have a USB interface. In addition to direct support for Johnson Controls software (Metasys, HVAC Pro, etc).
The S2USB485 is a USB to full-duplex RS-232 and half-duplex RS-485 serial converter integrated into a single device. It is a single USB serial port that has two electrical interfaces available to it (RS-232 and RS-485). Either interface can be used without the need to set jumpers or change dip switch settings.
Features and functionality:
- Compatibility with JCI Metasys® configuration and commissioning utilities
- Incorporates both a RS-232C and N2 (RS-485) bus interface so that multiple converters are not necessary.
- Included USB to RS-232 Converter
- Transmit and Receive Indicators
- N2 Bus flow control internally controlled (i.e. no jumpers or resistors to add/modify)
- N2 Bus has end of line termination (EOL) enabled or disabled by an internal slide switch
- S Squared Innovations OBD (On-Board Diagnostics) of the RS485/N2 Bus
- S2USB485DiagN2 Free N2 Bus Diagnostic Software
- Designed and Manufactured in Canada using Industrial grade components
- ZoneBus is not officially supported.
- ROHS Compliant
For the cost of a typical high end USB to RS-485 adapter you also have a very powerful diagnostic tool.
Two of your first tasks when visiting a new project should be:
1) Run the S2USB485DiagN2 diagnostics, and
2) Run a HVAC Pro Action / Controller Information report
Combined, these two actions give you all of the information you need to get your Metasys® integration project off to a successful start.
North American partners can purchase the S2USB485 from The S4 Group. Not available outside of North America