Expanding the Versatility of METASYS®
The S4 Open: BACnet-N2 Router from the S4 Group creates flexibility and cost savings in Building Automation systems. The BACnet-N2 Router from the S4 group is the gateway to third party product integration into the Metasys® N2 environment, enables seamless BACnet integration with N2 networks, Ethernet compatibility, and introduces cost saving in virtually every upgrade, maintenance, or replacement on the N2 bus.
Key Benefits of the BACnet-N2 Router
- Ability to bring many N2 buses in a large complex building into one virtual N2 Network©. The S4 Open Appliance acts as the bus master for each Bus and allows independent adjustment of polling rates and other parameters.
- Standard vendor tools are used to configure N2 devices on each N2 bus.
- Automatically locates and identifies new devices, and their Process Points on the N2 bus.
- All points on all N2 busses are displayable through the management console.
- N2 interfaces can be extended over Ethernet - TCP/IP connections
- N2 interfaces can be extended over wireless connections
- Filtering and point mapping allow you to expose only a subset of the active points to upstream supervisory controllers (NCM, N30, FX, or Metasys Extended systems) through the Virtual N2 Network©.